Vaginal dryness in women is quite common, and it should not be something to be ashamed of. It is caused by various factors, most of which, we have control over. Some of these can be hormonal changes, medications, stress, and certain medical conditions. While herbs and natural remedies may offer some relief, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional to address the underlying causes of vaginal dryness.
Here are seven herbs and natural remedies women love:
- Black Cohosh: Black cohosh is known for its potential estrogen-like effects and is sometimes used to alleviate menopausal symptoms, including vaginal dryness. Black cohosh has nutrient filled roots that provide oestrogen like products and improves the effects of oxggen in the body.Black cohosh is one of the main ingredients in the ladies happiness tea.
- Wild Yam: Wild yam contains diosgenin, a compound that may be converted into estrogen-like substances. Some women use wild yam creams to help with vaginal dryness. It is available as a powder in most cases, and is turned into a powder for longevity. Diosgenin is used in the lab to create estrogen. It also has a range of uses including treating inflammation and natural spams.
- Red Clover: Red clover is rich in isoflavones, which may have a mild estrogen-like effect. It’s sometimes used to relieve menopausal symptoms. It is a blood purifier and has bioidentical properties to estrogne, which makes it a great herb to add to your diet.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Evening primrose oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which may help maintain healthy vaginal tissues. It’s available in various forms, including capsules and oil.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds may help boost estrogen levels and improve vaginal lubrication. They can be consumed as seeds, in herbal tea, or as supplements. Fenugreek is also great for consistent and healthy milk production in new and breastfeeding mothers.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is known for its adaptogenic properties, and it may help alleviate some menopausal symptoms, including vaginal dryness. Female ginseng in particular, has great properties for hormonal balance and menstrual comfort. Here are some herbal powders with female ginseng that are purely organic.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel can be applied topically to soothe and moisturize the vaginal area. Make sure to use a pure, organic aloe vera gel with no added chemicals or fragrances. In addition, drinking it improves your general body health.
It’s important to remember that individual responses to herbs and natural remedies can vary, and their effectiveness in combating vaginal dryness may not be consistent for everyone. Always consult with a healthcare professional before using herbs or supplements, especially if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medications, or have underlying medical conditions. They can provide guidance tailored to your specific situation and may suggest more effective treatments based on the underlying cause of your vaginal dryness.